Birthday time is here again. . .

Well, what can I say, except that I have a great family & wonderful friends!!! My birthday was fantastic.

It started early - last night - when my friend, Melissa took me out to a movie. . . we saw "500 Days of Summer" which I'd never even heard of - and it was really funny! Very quirky and random, but I like that kind of thing -most of the time! The ending really had me thinking about life & love and Melissa and I had a good chat about it.

Here we are in the dark theatre - had to get a quick pic with my cell phone!!


Then, this morning things were just really fun. The girls were all so happy to give me the cards that they'd made, sing Happy Birthday, etc. After they got off to school, Milo mentioned that we were going somewhere and to be ready to go by 10:40. I got showered and dressed, thinking we'd head to Costco (we'd been brainstorming our list just before) and then out for lunch. I asked if Vivien was coming with us, and he said, 'not with *us*' in this strange way, but I didn't question him still. . . My friend, Mary was coming by for an adjustment at 10:30, and I was interested that when she wasn't here by almost 11, Milo wasn't concerned. Usually he would be quite concerned. . . so, I knew SOMETHING was up, but really thought it was that Mary was coming to pick up Vivs. Just after 11, the doorbell rang. Now, for those of you who don't live here, we NEVER (like *N*E*V*E*R*) use our front door. The only time it's really used is for the mailman, bringing packages - so, I got excited, thinking that I would open the door to a package. . . so I was SO confused when I opened it and there were my great friends, Shauna, Courtney and Mary. . .


Shauna had her camera ready and my first thought was "Darn! I didn't fall over and give her the perfect surprise shot!" Silly me. . . **SO**, off we went. . . they took me for a surprise day - first pedicures (mmmm. . . lovely!!) and then out for lunch. We had it ALL - scintilating conversation, adventure, and even a little danger in there!!! I'd had a fantastic day! Looking back, I can't believe that I didn't even consider the possibility of them surprising me - earlier this year, we "kidnapped" Courtney for her birthday, a couple of months later, we surprised Shauna with a little party. . . and I thought it was the Mailman??? Too funny. . . Mary's birthday is next. We'll have to come up with something good. . . she's not as absent minded as I can be!!! ha. . .

And then - my perfect husband went to an AMAZING bakery that we learned about from our adopted family, the Gray's, and bought me the most luscious, delicious White Chocolate Raspberry cake you can ever imagine! My friends Peggy and Melissa dropped by and were able to taste of it's wonderfulness. . . they can attest. . . *so* good!! Madison decorated the table around the cake for me!

Tonight, Milo and I watched a movie, just hung out and now we're ready for bed. . . All in all, a pretty great day that I'll remember for a long time. Thanks *SO* much to everyone who called, emailed, facebooked me for my birthday. It was a really great day!! I'm so lucky to have friends & family like you!!! xoxox.

Comments

mechan said…
Glad you had a good birthday.
Melissa J. said…
Ok, so I guess you got me back for the puma comment with that terrible picture of me! You look super-cute - me...not so much...ha ha. Glad you had such a great birthday!
Anonymous said…
what a great day!!!! i'm glad everyone took such great care of you....
jbrimhall said…
Happy b-lated b-day. You still look 21 -- just ravishing :-)
Orme Family said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL!!!!! I am glad you had a fantastic day! You asked me about that book that inspired my no T.V. watching...I borrowed a C.D. from Julie that was written by (none other than...) John Bytheway. So cheesy, but good too. I am pulling out the guitar tonight. Let's see if I remember anything.
Robyn said…
Happy belated birthday! Sounds like it was just perfect.

Popular posts from this blog

Looking Back and Looking Forward

The Revealing!

Proud to be a Detroiter?