Adventures in Moving

It's true... we're MOVING.  And, a planned move this time - no frantic rush out of the country because of Green Cards!!  (Thank goodness... don't know what I'm referring to?  Check out here.)  Milo's buying a Chiropractic practice in Kennewick, Washington.  It's a part of the "Tri-Cities", along with Richland and Pasco, WA.  We head out of the D on March 19th...  As long as we've been wanting this amazing opportunity, (a LONG time!!) I'm surprised at how sad it is to be leaving Detroit - the friends *and* the city - and I have to admit, I feel nervous having to 'start over'... it's so much easier for kids, I think...

So, now I have about 10 days left to pack and squeeze in all of our 'one last times'.... We've had fun over the last month crossing things off our 'Michigan Bucket List'.  We went 'up north' (Mackinaw City, and crossed over Big Mac to the Upper Peninsula), we went skiing at Pine Knob, have gone to movies at the Redford Theatre, had lunches at Plaza Mexico, and on and on... I need to organize some play dates for the girls to see their friends before they go, and hopefully a girls night for me (or a couples night would be super fun, too!!)  We have a few more things to cross off, hopefully we'll get to most of it!!

The last few days has been all about figuring out where to live (we'll rent for the first year to make sure we know where exactly we want to plant ourselves over there in the Tri-Cities!) This is HARD when it's all done over the internet - no chance to look at the places before signing on the dotted line.  We picked a super cute house - just waiting to hear if we got it... my stress level will dramatically decrease when we get that thumbs up!!

Remember that movie, "Adventures in Babysitting"?  I was thinking about it today, and I'm feeling a little like that right now... I expect things to go smoothly (I'm not quite sure why - I have a lot of experience in crazy!!)  But, things just really aren't completely smooth when you're picking up your family after 9 years of living somewhere, and dragging them across the country.  Like, the old adage, 'Everything that can go wrong, will.' ...  But, actually things are pretty good - just super crazy.  The girls have very mixed emotions about moving, and to be honest, so do I.  There is so much to look forward to... Owning his own practice has been Milo's dream since he started Chiropractic College way back in 1999 (even before, while he was doing his undergrad!)  so, it's beyond amazing to see this dream come to fruition.  We'll miss so much about Detroit, but we're excited to throw ourselves into all that is the Tri Cities and learn to love it just as much.

And now, I can't justify putting off the packing any longer, dang it!!  Time to get my nose to the grindstone...

Comments

alyaia75 said…
We are certainly going to miss *all* of you! I'm glad we've been able to hang out this week, & that we have our visit to look forward to this summer!
Christie said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
susan g said…
So how's it going? I'm excited for you guys to get a fresh start. I've had a few too many. Since Jason and I have been married, we've lived in 11 different houses and moved 10 different times (two of which were overseas!). So I feel ya! And as much as you want them to be, things are never quite the same with those you leave behind. But you get to meet so many wonderful new people and add new friends to your life. Best of luck to you guys!
--Susan.

Popular posts from this blog

Looking Back and Looking Forward

The Revealing!