Getting Ready for School

This summer was getting a little long. . . Being off school since the end of February made for a LOT of fun, but also a lot of down time for the girls. Their good friends had moved away, and it seemed that everyone else was on vacation!! By the beginning of August, they were watching more TV than EVER before, playing on the computer, etc. . . My friend, Lisa came to my rescue one day, however, after I'd told her that I was in desperate need of ideas to keep my girls occupied. She suggested having them make their own pencil cases. . . of course, my girls loved the idea and quickly searched online for tutorials. Using scraps (of course!!) here are the cases they came up with. They did most of the sewing, with me just helping them along. Vivien wasn't interested at first, so she didn't pick out a zipper (the only thing I didn't have on hand, bummer!) But she's wanting one now, so sometime soon we'll make her one, too!!




Madison and Lillian really got into personalizing their school supplies, and also decorated their binders! Ella is so proud of her handiwork here!! ha. . .

Comments

Melissa J. said…
CUTE! Your girls got their mom's "crafty" gene! :o)
Chel said…
So fun--!!! Now I'm regretting I never asked you to teach me to sew....
Anonymous said…
*love* your creations, girls!!!!
Robyn said…
What a great idea! If only I didn't give away that sewing machine...
Jenny said…
Hillary----I love your blog, and your girls are the cutest most amazing girls ever (of course----you're their mom :).) I want to get Brinley one of those cute Lids for Christmas. Thanks for being so great!
Skye O. said…
I love those!!! Your girls are so lucky to have a talented mom who can teach them so many things!

Popular posts from this blog

Looking Back and Looking Forward

The Revealing!

Proud to be a Detroiter?