Bye Bye Miss American Pie. . .

Here's the update I've been dreading to write. . . we got official word today that we need to be out of the country in less than 3 weeks. Our heads are reeling what that means in terms of when we can come back, what to do with our house, cars, etc, in the meantime. We've been doing our best trying to plan for the future in spite of all of this. Vivien's ready for Kindergarten here, Madison's found an *amazing* middle school. We are planning. . . "If you build it, they will come." So, if we 'build' our future, will we see it happen that way? We sure hope so.

I cannot express enough gratitude for all of the letters that were written on our behalf. Those have buoyed us up during this time, learning how we've touched the lives of people we really value, and who've touched us as well. Thank you for taking time out of your own daily struggles and busy schedules to support us in this way. We've been told, by the liaison that we're working with at the Senator's office, that we are well known by the entire office now! They are not giving up, and we will welcome any miracles - even late comers. . . but we must now plan our trip back to Alberta. If Milo was licensed to practice in Canada, or could secure licensure quickly, our options would be so different. He is meant to be a Chiropractor, it is his passion, and he is so good at what he does. We hope that he can get back to practicing very, very soon.

In the meantime, any locals, look for an announcement of a 'garage sale' from us - hopefully it will be next week, we need to raise money to get through this time, and if it comes to us moving permanently, there will be a LOT that we won't be taking with us.


Comments

mechan said…
I am sorry to hear this. I will miss you .You have been a good friend to me. If you are selling a couch I am in need of one . let me know. Again I will miss you and hope to see you again
Skye O. said…
NO!!!!!! Can we come with you? We're still praying for that *miracle*. God has a plan for you...wherever it may be. I just can't imagine Detroit without Hilary. Thanks for your amazing friendship. I'll be waiting to buy that CD of your's. :)
Celeste Adams said…
THis is not right! This can not happen. What is wrong with this country to make such wonderful people leave. I don't understand how life can be so unfair at times. I wish there was something more we could do. If you need anything please let me know. I will be back on the 16th of March. We love you guys and we are praying for a miracle or a quick return.
susan g said…
Oh Hilary I'm so sorry! I know that you know that everything happens for a reason. Maybe someday in the future you guys can look back on this trial and see with amazing wonder that God knew what He was doing, though it's hard to see that now. If there was anything I could do, believe me I would. Love you guys!

Susan.
Rachel Jex said…
I was telling the kids about you guys and Maddy (she's 6) said, "Can they come and live with us?" I said, "YES!" You can just live here!! We love you guys and will con't to pray for a miracle!!
Tiffany D said…
Unbelievable!!! We will keep you and your family in our prayers!! Life is interesting isn't it??? The one thing I have learned is that somehow everything works out and that miracles happen. Heavenly Father knows us and loves us, even when we feel abandoned.
NO!!! Well know that we all love you guys and I know it doesn't mean that much right now, but the previous comments are right that things will work out and you will be fine, but right things really suck. I wish I was there to help you with all that you need to do. We will all keep you in our thoughts and prayers
beth said…
Oh No! It looks like you'll be gone before we get back. That stinks! Well, I hope the best for you guys, wherever life takes you.
Tulip Girl said…
oooooo. Sad tears.
...truly heartbroken. I REALLY hope this is just temporary. Let us know what "house stuff" needs doing while you're "away". Give us a call if you need help with... stuff (??).
Michelle said…
The update I didn't want to hear :(. Like others have said, it's really sad that good people who try to do things the right way get the short end of the stick. We will keep praying for a miracle.
Kristine said…
I just feel like I am in complete shock! I guess you must feel the same way. Hilary, I know you and Milo are strong people and good people. I truly have faith that there will be blessings that come from this. You may not realize the blessings until years from now, but that is the way God works. Despite such an intense hardship, blessings will come because of the people that you are! Sorry, just trying to have hope. I love you more than you know!!! I think about you EVERY time I pull out my guitar and every time I hear Indigo Girls. You're the best!
The Amayesings said…
So sorry to hear it, Hilary. We'll continue to keep you in our prayers. Keep the faith!!!
Hilary,
So sorry to hear all that has been happening with your sweet little family. Good luck with everything. Wanted to let you also know that Cecil is still alive:)
Jacqui Deem
The Kalcichs said…
You guys have been in our thoughts and prayers. I'm hoping Vivi can come and play next week? I'll call you.
Hilary,

Our hearts are just breaking that you have to endure this because of some paper work mishap! This truly does not seem fair. Good luck with everything! We are thinking of you!

Love,
Carmen & Greg

ps Kathryn is turning 16 next month.

Popular posts from this blog

Looking Back and Looking Forward

The Revealing!

Proud to be a Detroiter?