A New Perspective


The weather up here is, in a word, *fabulous*!

Was looking at the clearance shoes at the mall today while Milo was looking for replacement shoelaces. . . I saw these cute shoes for $10, and just to waste some time, I decided to try them on. I sometimes wear heels, but rarely more than an inch, so this was clearly just for fun. . .

Something happened when I put these shoes on. . . I didn't just become taller - Everything looked better! I looked at Milo and I could (almost) look into his eyes without bending my neck all the way back. I had to have these shoes!!! Notice that my head is just below his eyes here, instead of our normal - he can usually rest his chin on my head.

When I got home, I showed the girls. I walked around my house - everything looked new, brighter, happier. . . I was taller than Madison again! The girls all looked little again. . . they've been growing too fast, and it felt so good to see them from that perspective. And I even looked better in my jeans! Yes - I love these shoes. Now I just have to learn how to walk in them without looking ridiculous because I see a LOT of tall shoes in my future.

Comments

alyaia75 said…
Cute! I love heels. Heels are a friend to the short people.
susan g said…
Those are VERY cute Hilary! And I agree that it's fun to be taller, though I almost never wear heels myself!
Anonymous said…
*love* it!!! good luck with the walking bit ~ i've never mastered it and as such find myself sentenced to a life of flats....
Pauline said…
Cute shoes. I can see why you had to have them.
Anonymous said…
so funny... to be taller than Madison again. :) Until she wants to borrow your shoes! haha They are very cute!
Christie said…
Killers! Love them. Too bad you couldn't get a pair in black also. Now that you don't have to run after little ones you could sport the Donna Reed style and wear heels every day! jk. Now on to some heeled slippers for the summer. Fun. (I have the same prob with Jody...he's six inches taller than me.)
Chel said…
Gorgeous-!! (both you and the shoes)

Popular posts from this blog

Looking Back and Looking Forward

The Revealing!