February Fun. . .

I'll go backwards. . . Here's what's going on at our house the last couple of weeks. . .


This is Roscoe tonight. . . he's been acting a little strange the last little while, but we've had all sorts of people in our house working on our basement, it's been super cold, so he hasn't been outside much, and we changed his food, so we didn't put too much thought into it. But, this afternoon, Madison and I noticed a really large growth beside his hind leg. He'd been sleeping on the couch all day, snuggling with Madison who's not feeling well. I set him up on his legs to get a closer look, and he couldn't really walk. As soon as Milo got home from church, he took him to the vet hospital. He needed a procedure, but is too swollen for what he needs, so he's on some meds until the inflammation goes down, poor pup. In the meantime, he needs to wear the cone so that he doesn't chew on the infected area. He's so sad. . .



For the last couple of weeks, the girls have had a non-stop sleepover in the front room. We've got the air mattress set up and they sleep on that and the couch. None of them have slept in their own beds for more than two weeks! It's been so great, though, because I slid Ella's bed under Vivien's so that there is room in there to play. With the dressers in the girls' rooms, and no basement to play in, it's been a **LONG** couple of months, so this solution has made the experience more adventurous and fun. . .



We got another *huge* snowfall last week, and Milo and the girls took advantage! They worked for hours to build their fort, complete with a front door! When the snow melted a few days ago, the girls were heartbroken that their fort was gone. . . Ella sat down on the ground, with tears in her eyes and just kept shaking her head in disbelief. . . it sure was fun while it lasted!



Madison & Lillian had a swim meet a couple of weeks ago, and their friends Lindsay & Sydney came to watch them. When it was over, we headed to an ice-sculpture festival that was being hosted by an outdoor mall. The girls were amazed at the different sculptures that we saw, and we even got to have maple flavor snow cones. . . it was a fun (and *freezing*) day!

In other news, I'm having surgery on my jaw next week. I'm praying that it will finally resolve the problem that I've been having for the last several months. Thanks so much to all of you who have not tired of hearing me "cry" about this. . . I talked to someone this weekend who has had the same surgery, and she terrified me beyond anything, explaining the pain after the procedure, but she also reassured me that since then, she's felt wonderful, and that's what I'm trying to focus on. . . My mom will be here to help, and I'll look forward to next month when there are no more dental appointments for at least 6 months!!!!

Comments

Skye O. said…
I didn't know you have to have jaw surgery. Maybe we should do some resting together by watching chick flicks. :) good luck. let me know if I can do anything to help. I had to finish my crown last week, and I thought of you the whole time. I can't imagine having to see the dentist any more than that. it is an awful place. you are one tough woman.
Aimee said…
I'm so sorry about all the trouble you've been having the past few months! It sounds like you are being a really good sport about it all. Best of luck on your surgery!
Tam said…
Your girls are so, so beautiful! Best of luck with your surgery, hope it has a quick recovery and solves the problem. I let some minieggs hypnotize me into eating them and I thought about you. As usual, they were delish!
Michelle said…
Poor Roscoe. What was it this weekend that made pets have to go to the vet ER? Saturday night we had to take one of our cats in thinking she wasn't going to make it but so far she is making a full recovery.

That snow fort is AWESOME!

Good luck with your surgery. If you need anything let me know.
The Amayesings said…
Good luck w/your surgery and let's hope that this will be the end of all your visits to various doctors/vets for a little while!!!
Jen B. said…
Looks like a wonderful family time -- and that snow fort is AWESOME!!!! Best of luck to you with your mouth -- ouch. Let's hope that it gets much better real soon. What day is the surgery?

Popular posts from this blog

Looking Back and Looking Forward

The Revealing!

Proud to be a Detroiter?