My Ella Bella Boo. . .

I'm sitting in an uncomfortable and VERY loud leather chair, with my legs up on Ella's hospital bed.  Yup - hospital bed.  She has been suffering for the past 6 days with terrible stomach pain, and a fever that bounced between about 102 and 104+.  She has been miserable, which has been miserable for the rest of us!  We'd had her checked by a couple of doctors over the weekend, as well as getting some tests done at an Urgent Care clinic - the general consensus was that she was fighting a nasty virus that could last 7-10 days.  But yesterday, her fever broke, and her pain SKYROCKETED.  She was screaming constantly for a couple of hours.  We had her seen by another doctor, and he recommended taking her to the ER, so that we could get tests done immediately.  After what seemed like a long time waiting (but would be a blink of an eye for a Canadian Hospital, I'm afraid!), and after 3 resident doctors plus one attending all pushed and prodded on Ella's belly, filling out forms and then answering the same questions for each of these doctors AND two nurses, Ella was admitted for an acute Kidney infection.  We're not sure why her tests on Monday didn't show this, but we're happy that we finally have an answer to Ella's unbelievable pain.  We will have more tests this morning, and I'll keep you updated.  She's being a trooper - but what she wants the most are her sisters.  She keeps asking for them over and over.  They'll be visiting after school. . .

Thanks so much to Mary for watching Vivien *all* day yesterday, and then adding the big girls after school.  She probably didn't get home until around 1 in the morning - Thank you, thank you.


Comments

Skye O. said…
I'm happy to hear your found out the problem. Poor little thing! Hope she recovers quick and that her sisters can get there to entertain her...hosptials are so boring (I remember I was just there). Let me know if you need anything...PLEASE!!
Oh POOR POOR ELLA! (and YOU). I am so glad that you finally have an answer for all of this though. Let me know what you need! What hospital are you at?
Oh, Ella :( . Get better soon kiddo!
ThurberGang said…
She's at St. John Morross. She's already doing a little better after having 12 hours of fluid and meds. Thanks for the well-wishes! I read them to her and she loved that people were thinking about her!
mechan said…
Get better Ella.
The Kalcichs said…
Poor little Ella! We hope they get you better soon! Hilary, we're right down the street if you need anything and Hallie would love for Vivi to come play! Let me know.
The Amayesings said…
The docs at St. John Moross are GREAT!!! I'm so sorry for Ella. It's awful to have terrible pain and not know the cause and how to help. I hope she gets well SOON!!! Enough already, huh! Hang in there.
The Lunds said…
We will keep Ella in our prayers. I will be calling to see how we can help.

Johanna had kidney infection when she was 8 months old that landed her in the hospital for three days. We showed up to the ER with our little baby looking lifeless with fever at 105.6. Scary!

Popular posts from this blog

Looking Back and Looking Forward

The Revealing!

Proud to be a Detroiter?