Olympic Dreams!!


Madison asked to do whatever chores possible if we would let her stay awake tonight to watch Michael Phelps swim in his 400 IM. (She even wore her favorite swimming shirt) It was an AMAZING race, with Phelps smashing his own world and Olympic records. He's got his first gold medal of these Olympics - and his goal is to get seven more!! Madison's pretty sure he'll do it, and watching his preliminary and final swims today - most people are probably convinced!!

The Olympics are really one of the most exciting things for me to watch. I get downright giddy - even for sports that normally I wouldn't give the time of day!! These athletes are so inspiring and just the idea of these games gets me excited!

Are you watching, too??

Comments

Jen B. said…
Yeah! Pretty soon Madison will be swimming in the Olympics. BTW -- I am so pumped that you are blogging more. I just HAVE to keep up with you and your fun kids.
I'm with Madison. I missed Phelps last night though:(. We sure are Phelps Phans (seen that commercial?) here too. I did catch Torres and the 400 relay. That was one of the relays I did in high school. I LOVE that she's 41! Can't wait to see more.
ThurberGang said…
I know!! Dara is my new idol!! Seriously... amazing...
The Amayesings said…
Just a comment on your playlist---Russ will be so pleased you're a Sissel fan! He's been one since the old mission days in Norway. You got her from Silvia, I'm guessing.

By the way, GO PHELPS!! Kick France's stinking pants! (Did you hear what's-his-name French swimmer's comment about smashing the US?)--Not to offend any of you French-Canadians who may be reading this--I just about forgot who's blog I was on. Hee hee.
Jen B. said…
Hil -- how 'bout the 11 Gold Medals Phelps has won. YIPEEEEEEE! Each time I watch him swim I get all nervous/anxious/excited/etc./etc. Thanks goodness the Olympics is not year round or I would have ulcers and maybe a heart attack (he, he!)

Popular posts from this blog

Looking Back and Looking Forward

The Revealing!

Proud to be a Detroiter?