School Girls!


Ella and Elise in their Kindergarten Classroom at the Ice Cream Social last night.


Vivien - writing in her 'die-ra-ry' that she got for her birthday, and getting ready for PRESCHOOL!


Madison with her teacher, Mrs. Lockhart.


Lillian with her teacher, Mrs. Summers.

It's that time again - sharpened pencils, $0.22 glue sticks at Target. . . Going through clothes, a new outfit . . . School is starting. It is unbelievable to me that Ella is starting Kindergarten. Madison will be in grade 4, Lillian in grade 2. And then maybe the most crazy of all. . . Vivien will be in Preschool. What *WILL* I do with myself? Of course, we're doing Joy School again this year, so I will be one of seven teachers and we'll rotate houses. But, on Tuesdays and Thursdays most weeks this year, I will have no children at home. I don't think I ever believed that this day would come! Ella is very excited to be going to school. I'm not ecstatic about it being full day - it will take a lot of getting used to, but two of her best friends will be in her class - Elise and Brinley. AND, she gets Miss Renee (Mrs. Zentz at school) as her Kindergarten teacher, just as her sisters did before her. She's pretty much on cloud nine about the whole idea. When I asked her why she wanted to go to school, she answered, "So I can be a mom!" Sweet girl. That's right - moms need to be smart!!! And, putting Vivie down for her nap this afternoon, she gave me a big kiss and then exclaimed, "That's a JOY SCHOOL SMOOCH!" I'm not sure what she thinks she'll be learning there. . . but she can't wait!!

Comments

Jen B. said…
How exciting! Addy too is doing full day -- I am bummed but she really likes her teacher. I still can't seem to bring myself to put Bo into preschool -- I really like having her around and I am not sure what I would do with myself if I was alone and there is no target for over 100 miles. Good luck to them all. BTW -- Little Madison (who is not so little anymore) is getting such long hair -- so pretty.
The Amayesings said…
The girls are looking way too mature! Enjoy the new year!

Popular posts from this blog

Looking Back and Looking Forward

The Revealing!

Proud to be a Detroiter?