I won't show you pictures!

I met Milo, Madison, and Vivien at our new favorite little organic restaurant today for lunch. It's called the Wake Up, and in the past 6 days (this is *so* not normal!) I have eaten there three times! The first time was breakfast with some friends, second was supper with the family that same day, and then lunch today. . . Once again, it was fantastic!

We went there to celebrate/commiserate the news that Madison is quite in need of glasses. Milo took her to the Eye Doctor this morning, and her eyes are significantly worse than we had expected. She's hoping that she can get contacts soon so that she can wear them while she's swimming. . . we'll see.

I had a pretty big dentist appointment this morning, so I got there a little late. People had been looking at me funny since leaving the dentist (I had to stop at Kroger to pick up a few things) and I kept meaning to check the mirror, but just didn't. Well, I couldn't ignore the snickers from my husband and girls as I tried to talk to them. Milo commented on how swollen the left side of my face was, much more than normal after having work done. I took it lightly until I was trying to blow my soup, I could feel that it looked funny, so I was showing Madison and Vivien, until I caught a glimpse at Milo's contorted face looking at me. . . I shouldn't have asked him why he was looking so concerned. . . because when I did, he answered, "Hon, I'm sorry, but you look exactly like Hitch!" So, yeah - no pictures for you. . . I came home and have been hiding out since. . .

I will, however, post pics of the newly appointed four eyed-beauty when we get her glasses. . .

Comments

The Amayesings said…
Come ON!!! No pics? Man, what a buzz-kill!

Just kidding. So sorry to hear of your embarassing moment. Things like that keep us humble, don't they? Plus imagine the fun you provided your family that evening.
Anonymous said…
How exciting! Will she get the same ones as you (hence, as Lindsay and me!)?

Popular posts from this blog

Looking Back and Looking Forward

The Revealing!

Proud to be a Detroiter?