Vivie-isms. . .



I was putting Vivien to bed tonight and we were talking about what she was going to be when she grows up. . . I said something about her being a little girl, and she said, 'No, Mom! I'm a kid now.' I can't believe my baby is old enough to be a 'kid'!

While we were talking, I was making up a story about 'Victor'. She asked me "What's his thirsname?" I think she's meaning 'first name', so I answer, 'Victor'. Then she says, "So then what's his Saturdayname?" I started busting up, because for as long as she's understood "First Name", she's understood it as "THURS-name". . . I had tears rolling down my face while she's trying to still get the answer. "you know, mom? My Saturdayname is Thurber (Serber), so what's Victor's?" When I finally calmed down to make one up (that old standby, Eyeball Magilicuty. . .) she said, really calmly, "That was funny for you, mom?"

Comments

Jen B. said…
That is SO funny! She is such a smart girl. And who is that in the picture -- she looks too old to be only 3.
The Amayesings said…
How funny. Loved it. Thanks for sharing.

Popular posts from this blog

Looking Back and Looking Forward

The Revealing!

Proud to be a Detroiter?