VOTE!!!!

I am just wishing that I could vote tomorrow, and I'm hoping that all of you who are able to will exercise your right to vote!! It is a gift!!! These next 24 hours are sure going to be interesting. . . My girls voted in school today, and it's really funny how swayed they are by the media and their peers. . . I hope that their interest will remain as they get older, and that instead of what 'every one else thinks', they will eventually understand their own inner beliefs, and that THOSE will drown out all of the ridiculousness that elections seem to naturally bring. . . Living as a legal alien has it's benefits, but also it's drawbacks, and knowing that this is where we are paying taxes, educating our children, receiving health care, etc - I'm really finding it stifling that my voice cannot be counted. BUT, yours can!!! VOTE, VOTE, VOTE!!!!

Comments

Pam said…
My husband and I just went over our "cheat sheet" we bring to the polls to make sure we know who and what we are voting for. Thank you for your view as a legal alien. Pam
Michelle said…
Are you from Mars?? I have never liked referring to people as aliens, legal or not. Anyway, I'm just glad the weather is going to be nice this afternoon when Jon and I go stand in what I am assuming will be a rather lengthy line with the two kids.

Popular posts from this blog

Looking Back and Looking Forward

The Revealing!

Proud to be a Detroiter?