A New Day. . .


A change has come. We'll be hearing that a lot now, I'm sure. I find myself really emotional this morning. No matter what your political beliefs, we have witnessed history. I heard that there was 'dancing in the streets' here in Detroit - people gathering by the bronze sculpture of prizefighter Joe Louis’ fist . . . living here, I'm disheartened as to how far we still need to come to be a united country - black, white, Christian or non, etc. So, here we are. Whether we (well, you) voted Democrat or Republican, Barack Obama will be our next President. I pray that change really *will* come. . . I pray that our country will unite. I pray that we can actively support what we believe in, and fight against what we don't, and at the end of the day, feel peace in knowing that God has a plan for us, whether we see it or not.

Comments

Tam said…
well put. your last past was a motivating factor to get me to the polls yesterday:)

Popular posts from this blog

Looking Back and Looking Forward

The Revealing!

Proud to be a Detroiter?