Surviving. . . on my way to Thriving!

I've spent the last week in quite the haze. Thankfully, there is now a light at the end of the tunnel as I was able to have my root canal finished yesterday. (A little update - I went last Tuesday to have an emergency root canal after my nerve had been left exposed on Monday. The endodentist was not able to complete it b/c there was too much inflammation and infection (gross, and OUCH!) I was on some hefty pain killers and antibiotics for the whole week just waiting until he could 'go back in'.) I am *so* thankful to say that I see a light at the end of the tunnel. I still can't eat solid food (unless I'm drugged. . . which I'm trying to wean myself off of them - I never take anything, so it's been quite the rude experience for my body!) so that's what I'm most excited about in the coming days. I *am* making a Thanksgiving meal tomorrow, and am hoping to partake of everything, but the mashed potatoes and gravy have always been my favorite, so I won't feel too bummed if I can't eat the rest. . . I still need another root canal on the tooth right behind the one I just did, and that will likely be next week, so the storm continues a bit, but the rest should be a lot smoother - hopefully we won't find any more nerves or infections! A **VERY** big thank you to all that helped out so much this week. Driving my kids, feeding my family, watching my girls, bringing or making me treats, calls and emails of support - I couldn't have gotten through it nearly as well without you - if I didn't know that I would have to see someone, I know I would have allowed myself to wallow in pjs all week long!! **THANK YOU**. . . Have a great Thanksgiving, everyone. XOXOXO.

Comments

The Kalcichs said…
Ouch! I'm sorry, Hilary! Good luck with the next one. I hope your family has a Happy Thanksgiving!
Bella said…
I'm so happy this is almost over for you! You looked so miserable the other night at the restuarant, I felt so bad for you! Let me know if you there is anything I can do, I'm even willing to drive! Have a great Thanksgiving!
The Amayesings said…
Aside from giving birth and other pains, I can't think of anything worse than tooth pain. I'm glad you're almost finished, and yay for friends around to help take up the slack. There are some pretty awesome people there in D town!
Jen B. said…
WOW -- what a crazy ordeal -- it makes the picture you posted even more sureal! HOpe you feel better soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Looking Back and Looking Forward

The Revealing!

Proud to be a Detroiter?